Zebras on song

Tilford Zebras were big winners in Round 11 of Tasmania's Victory League. See the full wrap up of all the weekend's games here.

Tilford Zebras leapfrogged Northern Rangers on the table with an Adam McKeown hattrick inspiring the Hobart side to a 4-0 away win at NTCA.

It was another ugly day for the Rangers on their home deck, making it back-to-back defeats and 10 goals against from their two consecutive home matches.

The hosts went into the game without Adam Edwards and Nick Lanau-atkinson denting the Rangers attacking flair and seeing the Rangers struggling to break down the Zebras defence.

Adam McKeown entered the match with three goals for the year and doubled his tally with a first half hattrick.

The Zebras striker opened the scoring in the ninth minute, Ethan Engels whipped a ball across to the left and it bounced over Rangers fullback Pat Lanau-atkinson to McKeown, who finished into the bottom right.

Just three minutes later, McKeown doubled up, scoring his second with the outside of his boot into the bottom right corner from a long Matthew Ferguson ball over the Rangers defence.

McKeown was running hot and nearly rounded out a hattrick in the 14th minute, striking into the woodwork with a shot smashing the left upright from an Engels ball.

Rangers’ misery continued when they lost Schalde Anderson with a head gash from a head clash with Zebras Curran Ferns.

The home side’s best chance of the first half came through youngster Yitay Towns, who worked his way in at the front post but had his drive well saved by Ferguson.

In the 42nd minute, McKeown bagged his first half hattrick, finishing off with style from the top of the box sailing it into the top right corner, sending Zebras into the break with a commanding 3-0 lead.

In the second half, Zebras sealed a strong win on the road with Marcello Marchioli delivering onto the head of Ferns at backpost, who nodded in Zebras fourth.

Devonport came back from the death with two goals in the last four minutes to share points with Glenorchy Knights at KGV.

It was a goalless opening half between the pair but the match sprung into life after the break.

The Knights exploded away early in the second half with two goals in a minute.

The hosts clutched the lead in the 52nd minute through Jae Young Choi, who stole it from the Devonport defence and slotted home from 18 yards.

Their second goal came rapidly the very next minute through youngster Vincent Kamano, who chipped Casey Eaves from range to put the Knights into a strong winning position.

Glenorchy almost let a three-goal advantage slip a week earlier against Kingborough but couldn’t contain the Strikers late in Round 11, coughing up a 2-0 lead with a late flurry from the northwest side tying the match.

Callum Moore put home a Mulraney cut back from eight yards in the 86th minute to startle the Knights.

Miles Barnard then ripped the result from the home side, drawing level with a scrambling finish from a Michael Holden corner in the dying stages.

Olympia battled out their seventh win for the season to move into outright second.

The Warriors did enough to take three points from NTCA but were challenged by a valiant Launceston City.

Olympia came into the clash with a different look lineup, missing Ben Phillips, Dmitri Nester and Gus Rumney from their usual starting 11.

Emmanuel Tsakiris went close to opening the score early, smashing into the cross bar in the 9th minute after Brian Kabangu sent through to the striker.

Nick Abougelis was defiant in goal for the northern side, holding out the Warriors with some stellar stops.

In the 12th minute, Alex Ralph looked certain to break through, curling in a shot headed for the bottom left but Abougelis did well to push it wide.

In the 40th minute, the Warriors finally found the net with Luke Keddie putting it past his keeper from a Nick Meredith cross.

Launceston City were bright in response following the half time interval but had their hopes crushed when they were reduced to ten men.

Striker Mark Cristy had looked lively for City but was shown a straight red for a late tackle on stand-in keeper Spiro Paradisis.

Despite being down to ten men, Olympia struggled to extend their advantage, taking until the 84th minute to make it 2-0.

Nick Meredith cut it back from the right to Emmanuel Tsakiris, who got on the scoresheet, tapping in the Warriors’ second. The visitors then struck once more, with Meredith finishing off a good run down the right to make it a 3-0 win for Olympia away from home.

South Hobart held onto their five-point lead at the top, smashing six past Kingborough Lions to retain the Hayley Coad Memorial Trophy.

The Lions defended well in the opening 15 minutes to keep South Hobart at bay but the 2013 champions broke through and fired six past to record their ninth win for the season.

South Hobart nearly opened the scoring inside five minutes, with Brayden Mann mistiming his run at the back post, sliding past an Andy Brennan cutback.

Kingborough had a golden chance just three minutes later to score on the counter; Danny Cowen broke down the left, ignoring the option of Benn Watkins open on his right, he opted to fire off a shot himself and sent it straight at Mark Moncur.

Kingborough keeper Roan Gillam then showed his quality, saving two promising South Hobart attacks with a great diving save to deny a Nick Morton drive and a timely effort to cut off a Liam Scott ball to the back post.

The deadlock broke in the 20th minute, with Caleb Ludlow rocketing in a beautiful strike into the top left.

A Nick Morton cross came in from the left and Nick Cuthbertson’s attempted clearance at back post spilled out to Ludlow at the top of the box, where the South Hobart midfielder sent in a blistering finish.

Mann went close to scoring South a second, sending a shot across the face from a Hugh Undy dish.

South Hobart made it 2-0 in the 36th minute, Captain Hugh Ludford chipped through to Andy Brennan in the box, who flicked a header over Gillam and into goal.

On the brink of half time, the Lions lost defender Adam Hedge to a groin injury. Brayden Mann was put through in space on the right but in a display of good sportsmanship, he put the ball out of play, realising the floored Adam Hedge had kept him onside.

In added time, Gillam produced another strong save, this time keeping a Ben Hamlett strike at bay with his feet.

Brennan nearly added his second in the 56th minute with Mann threading through to his partner but Brennan volleyed wide after trapping down with his chest.

Brennan found better luck in the 61st minute, shooting a set piece through Kingborough’s wall and past the unknowing Gillam to bag his second and make it 3-0.

The floodgates then opened with Undy finding an unmarked Hamlett in the 64th minute, who guided home the ball with a delicate header into the bottom right.

Hamlett tapped in his second in the 71st minute, racing onto a Connor Kass ball meant for the offside Mann but Mann cut off his run early allowing Hamlett to stroll through and make it 5-0.

Four minutes later, it was 6-0 with Ludlow delivering in at the edge of the box for Mann to finish with a fizzing shot into the bottom left.

Joe Davis came on for the visitors and had a chance to peg back a consolation goal, striking his volley wide in the 86th minute.

Hugh Undy was awarded the trophy for man of the match in the Hayley Coac Memorial Trophy match.