PS4 NPL Queensland Round 11 Review

There were plenty of interesting results in Round 11 as the PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland campaign reached the official half-way point.

SWQ Thunder FC – 2 (Majok PIOK 73’, Mustafa JAFARI 77’)
FNQ FC Heat – 0

CLICK HERE for the match report

A four minute two goal blitz has seen SWQ Thunder record the upset of the season – downing league leaders FNQ Heat 2-0 at Clive Berghofer Stadium.

The result marks Thunder's first ever win over Heat in PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues matches and ends a four match losing streak for the Toowoomba club.

For Heat the defeat is only their second of the campaign, however the Cairns-based outfit will retain their place atop the standings with the competition reaching the half-way point at the conclusion of the round.


Brisbane City FC – 0
Brisbane Strikers FC – 0

CLICK HERE for the match report

Brisbane Strikers edged into second on the table despite being frustrated by Brisbane City following a 0-0 draw at Corporate Travel Management Stadium.

City goalkeeper Timothy Allen made several telling saves to record his third clean sheet of the league campaign, while Strikers shot-stopper Sebastian Usai was rarely troubled as he notched a sixth shut-out of the season.

The result extends City’s undefeated run to five matches in the league; while the point is enough for Strikers to move to second on the table on goal difference ahead of Redlands United, who hold a game in hand.


Northern Fury FC – 1 (Charles SLANEY 47’)
Moreton Bay United FC – 3 (own goal 5', Scott STEWART 15’, Alex JANOVSKY 26’)

CLICK HERE for the match report

Moreton Bay United have returned to winning ways with a comfortable 3-1 win over bottom-of-the-table Northern Fury at Townsville Sports Reserve.

The win ends a three match winless run in the league for Jets and a two match losing streak in all competitions following their midweek exit from the Westfield FFA Cup.

For Fury, the result marks an eleventh straight defeat and sees them become just the second club in the competition’s history to conclude the first half of a season without a competition point.


Gold Coast City FC – 2 (Ben LITFIN 21' 57')
Sunshine Coast FC – 1 (Alexander WARRILOW 89')

CLICK HERE for the match report

Gold Coast City FC have returned to the top four after Benjamin Litfin's double secured a 2-1 victory over Sunshine Coast FC at Duncan McKenna Field.

Litfin struck once in each half for the hosts to lift his season’s tally to an equal league best nine goals.

Fire’s Alexander Warrilow sought to bring Fire back into the contest with a stunning long range effort in reply, however it came too late for the visitors to wrest a share of the points.

The win continues a stunning ten match unbeaten run for City, while Fire's second straight defeat sees their threatened mid-season renaissance continue to stutter.


Western Pride FC – 1 (Mitchell BIRD 88’)
Olympic FC – 1 (Matthew HEATH 18’)

CLICK HERE for the match report

A late strike from Mitchell Bird has salvaged Western Pride a dramatic 1-1 draw against Olympic FC at Briggs Road Complex.

Both sides saw chances to claim a much-needed three points at the death but ultimately had to settle for a share of the spoils.

The result extends both Pride and Olympic's current unbeaten runs to three matches, however both teams remain in the lower reaches of the table at the competition’s half-way stage.