PS4 NPL NSW Round 22 Review

A new Premier has been crowned with APIA Leichhardt Tigers taking out the PlayStation®4 NPL NSW Men’s 2017 Premiership.

The final round lived up to expectation with the premiership battle going down to the wire.

Wollongong Wolves narrowly missed out on clinching a top five finish despite a six-goal demolition of Sydney FC, Manly finished it’s season in winning ways, while Sydney Olympic prepared for the finals in perfect style notching up it’s third straight victory.

At Sydney United Sports Centre Blacktown City looked on track to record victory against Sydney United 58 to remain a narrow chance of winning the title, but a last minute goal from Adrian Vranic killed the hopes of the Blacktown faithful.

At Lambert Park in the Round 22 Match of the Round it wasn’t plain sailing for APIA who had to fight back against a dogged Rockdale side to secure their spot in history.


APIA Leichhardt Tigers FC 1-1 Rockdale City Suns at Lambert Park

APIA Leichhardt Tigers has secured the PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s Premiership after a hard fought 1-1 draw with Rockdale City Suns at Lambert Park on Sunday.

A Jordan Murray penalty in the 74th minute secured the club’s first title in 30 years sending a boisterous home crowd into raptures.

However, it wasn't all easy going for the home side with Alec Urosevski scoring a sublime free-kick to give Rockdale the lead against the run of play in the 44th minute.

With history on the line, the Danial Cumins coached side found an extra gear when it mattered most to cement their place in history.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.


Sydney United 58 FC 2 - 2 Blacktown City FC at Sydney United Sports Centre

Sydney United 58 has ended Blacktown City’s PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s Premiership hopes after they clinched a 2-2 draw at Sydney United Sports Centre on Sunday.

Despite leading the competition for most of the season, Blacktown needed a win against Sydney United and hope APIA Leichhardt lost in their match if they were to lift the trophy.

However, United 58 had other plans with Anthony Vranic’s last minute equaliser all but quashing their opponents title hopes.

Sydney United took the lead early in the first half thanks to a Yutaro Shin goal but Blacktown City FC hit back earl in the second half through Pete Cejka.

Joey Gibbs gave Blacktown hope of victory but Vranic spoiled any hope of a fairytale finish for City when he scored in the dying seconds.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.


Sutherland Sharks FC 1 - 2 Sydney Olympic FC at Seymour Shaw

Sydney Olympic came from behind to defeat Sutherland Sharks 2-1 in an entertaining PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s final day encounter at Seymour Shaw on Sunday afternoon.

Sutherland took the lead inside five minutes when Nathan Elasi beat Paul Henderson at the near post but the visitors equalised shortly after the interval when Mitchell Stamatellis converted from the spot following Takuya Murayama’s handball.

Olympic continued their excellent recent run of form and crafted an excellent winner when substitutes Mohammad Rahimi and Nikolas Tsattalios combined for the latter to hand Gorka Etxeberria’s side the three points.

The Blues were winless in their first four matches under the Spaniard but have now won three in a row and enter the finals series with considerable momentum having recovered their early season steel.

Grant Lee’s Sutherland turned in a spirited performance in what was club veteran Nathan Denham’s final match of a superb nine-year spell at Seymour Shaw, but they were unable to crown what was a disappointing campaign with a win.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.


Wollongong Wolves FC 6 - 1 Sydney FC at WIN Stadium

Wollongong Wolves have seen out the PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s season in style dispatching Sydney FC 6-1 at WIN Stadium.

It was a bittersweet end to the season for the Wolves who narrowly miss out on finals football after Sydney Olympic snatched fifth spot on the ladder with their win against Sutherland Sharks.

For a brief moment in time Wollongong dared to dream of a miraculous finals berth, however it wasn't to be despite a quality performance from the South Coast side.

The main highlight being a spectacular hat-trick from Patrick Antelmi who was at his deadly best throughout. Brendan Griffin and Steve Hayes also managed to get themselves on the scoresheet.

The visitors only consolation was a memorable goal for Agamemnonos who launched a long-range stunner into the back of the net.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.


Parramatta FC 0 - 2 Bonnyrigg White Eagles FC at Melita Stadium

Bonnyrigg White Eagles has closed out their 2017 PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues Men’s season with a gritty 2-0 win over Parramatta FC at Melita Stadium on Sunday afternoon,

A goal in either half from Jacob Ott handed the visitors all three points in their final match of the season.

Both teams struggled for fluency on a rough pitch, but Bonnyrigg were able to carve out chances for Ott ten minutes before the break and ten minutes before full time; the forward proving to be a calm finisher, and the difference in an otherwise tight match.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.


Hakoah Sydney City East 0 - 1 Manly United FC at Hensley Athletic Field

A first half goal from Scott Balderson helped Manly United beat Hakoah Sydney City East FC 1-0 during their PlayStation®4 National Premier Leagues clash on Sunday afternoon at Hensley Athletic Field.

The visitors knew a win was essential if they were going to potentially finish inside the top three - and have the all-important two chances come the semi-finals next weekend.

In the end, Rockale's 1-1 draw with league champions APIA Leichhardt at Lambert Park saw Manly finish in fourth spot.

Still it was a solid performance from Manly with Balderson’s 28th minute strike enough to give them the win and a timely confidence boost going into the finals.

Hakoah struggled to match it with their opponents and suffered a disappointing loss with their crunch FFA Cup clash with Melbourne City looming.

CLICK HERE for the full match report.