PS4 NPL NSW Preliminary Final Review

Sydney United 58 has secured its ticket to the PlayStation®4 NPL NSW Grand Final with an incredible 3-2 extra time win against Bonnyrigg White Eagles.

The victory keeps alive Sydney United 58 FC's hopes of claiming the treble after taking out this year's Premiership and Waratah Cup.

A Glen Trifiro strike in the 117th minute was the difference maker with the crafty midfielder wrapping up a monumental PlayStation®4 NPL NSW Men’s Preliminary Final.

There was blood, sweat and tears at Edensor Park with both teams overcoming incredible odds throughout the match, but it was the Mark Rudan coached United 58 who would come away with victory.

The defeat was a hard pill to swallow for Bonnyrigg. The visitors played the final 35 minutes of the match with 10 players, while White Eagles defender Sam Gallaway was forced to finish the match despite suffering a serious ankle injury.

A Panni Nikas goal in the 50th minute opened the scoring for Sydney United 58 before Bonnyrigg’s Asmir Kadric turned the match on its head with two goals in the dying stages.

Despite seemingly beaten, the Reds found a way to keep the game alive and sent the match into extra time courtesy of a Chris Payne goal at the death.

Extra time was a battle of attrition with Bonnyrigg refusing to give in as Sydney United sent wave after wave of attack at the White Eagles makeshift defence.

Teenage goal keeper Stevan Savicic delivered an outstanding performance to keep Bonnyrigg in the match but in the end his heroics were not enough.

It wasn’t pretty in the end but it was all Rudan’s side needed.

“Sydney United 58 is known for doing things the hard way and we definitely did that today,” Rudan said.

“It was a massive feeling of relief when Glenn scored.

“Bonnyrigg pushed us all the way today and it took a huge performance from my players to win.

“This season has been incredible for us this year and it’s not over yet.” 

Bonnyrigg coach Brian Brown praised his troops incredible effort despite the defeat.

“I can’t say enough how proud I am of my players. We went more than 30 minutes with a player down and stayed in the match right until the final siren,” he said.

“To lose this way is difficult but I’m in no doubt that every single one of my players can say they left everything out on the pitch today.

“We deserved to win today and to go home empty handed is a disappointment.”


Sunday 11th September – Leichhardt Oval

Blacktown City FC v Sydney United 58 FC – 3pm