Pride and Jets continue perfect start

Western Pride and Moreton Bay United are setting the early pace as the only teams with a perfect start to the PlayStation® 4 NPL Queensland 2015 season.

Redlands United FC  2 (Graham FYFE 33’, 66’)
Moreton Bay United FC  3 (Liam PREVITERA 18’, Ryota NAKAOOKA 31’ Daniel CLARK 52’)

Moreton Bay United continued their winning start to the season with a 3-2 defeat of Redlands United at Cleveland Showgrounds on Friday night.

Jets led from the 18th minute courtesy of Liam Previtera, with further strikes from Ryota Nakaooka and Daniel Clark adding to their haul.

The visitors were never caught, although a Graham Fyfe brace kept an exciting contest alive for the home fans.

Jets coach Adam Piddick was pleased with his team making it two on the trot, “Obviously it’s good to get two from two. Coming here isn’t an easy prospect, especially being a junior club of mine.”

For the full match report and post match interviews from Football Queensland -


Brisbane City FC  1 (Kai SMITH 63’)
Brisbane Strikers FC  2 (Cameron DRAPER 69’ Greig HENSLEE 79’)

Brisbane Strikers came from behind to consign crosstown rivals Brisbane City to a second straight defeat, prevailing 2-1 at Corporate Travel Management Stadium on Friday night.

Defender Greig Henslee was the match-winner for Strikers, heading his second of the season to cap a frantic second-half period.

In a night for the central defenders Kai Smith scored the opening goal for the hosts, while Cameron Draper found the equaliser amidst a goal mouth scramble.

For the full match report from Football Queensland -


Palm Beach SC 1 (Justyn McKAY 45’)
Olympic FC 1 (Own Goal 88’)

A late own-goal helped Olympic FC rescue a 1-1 draw from Palm Beach SC in a dramatic Grand Final rematch at Mallawa Complex on Saturday night.

Sharks captain Justyn McKay opened the scoring for the reigning PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland Champions before the hosts were stung late following the dismissal of defender Eoghan Murphy.

Sharks fought back with intent in the dying moments and twice had chances to win it, but were ultimately forced to settle for a point in their opening match of the season.

For the full match report from Football Queensland -


SWQ Thunder FC  2 (Nykodah SMITH 80’ 88’)
Brisbane Roar FC Youth  2 (Mitchell HORE 14’, Patrick THEODORE 85’)

A brace in the final ten minutes from substitute Nykodah Smith earned SWQ Thunder a 2-2 draw with Brisbane Roar Youth at Clive Berghofer Stadium on Saturday night.

Young Roar twice took the lead in the courtesy of goals to Mitchell Hore and Patrick Theodore, but were reeled in by 16 year old Smith’s double - the first ever for Thunder in PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland Senior Men’s competition.

Young Roar coach John Sime expressed disappointment with his team’s performance post-match, “We represent Brisbane Roar and we are meant to be with the elite and we proved today that we have a little bit to go.”

For the full match report and post match interviews from Football Queensland -


Western Pride FC  1 (Harrison SAWYER 32’)
Northern Fury FC  0

Western Pride became the second team to record consecutive wins in 2015, defeating Northern Fury 1-0 at Briggs Road Complex on Saturday night.

Harrison Sawyer’s first half goal proved decisive for the hosts in a tightly fought contest of few clear cut opportunities for either side.

Fury finished the stronger but ultimately proved unable to fashion an equaliser - a goal mouth scramble in time added on summing up their night as the final whistle was blown seconds before the ball crossed the line.

Pride coach Karl Dodd said, ““It was a bit of a backs-to-the-wall kind of effort towards the end there. They were really going for it and throwing the kitchen sink at us, but the boys held on.”

The wins lifts Pride to top of the league standings on goal difference.

For the full match report and post match interviews from Football Queensland -


FNQ FC Heat  2 (Alex SMITH 14’, Mqondisi NKIWANE 45’)
Sunshine Coast FC  2 (Takumi KINOSHITA 52’, Kenya TAKAHASHI 77’)

Sunshine Coast FC remain unbeaten after fighting back from two goals down to draw FNQ Heat 2-2 at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Alex Smith and Mqondisi Nkiwane scored a goal each to give the visitors a two goal margin at the break, before Fire’s Japanese duo of Takumi Kinoshita and Kenya Takahashi secured the hosts a point.

The hosts sought the match-winner in the final moments, leaving themselves exposed at the back. However, Heat missed a late chance to secure all three points when O’Hare side-footed his shot across the face of goal at the death.

For the full match report from Football Queensland -


For more news, video highlights and updates from Football Queensland, visit

Image courtesy of Western Pride FC