FoxFansLeague Terms and Conditions
#FOXFANSLEAGUE: WILDCARD ENTRY for PLAYSTATION®4 NPL CLUBS
WIN A SHARE OF CASH AND PRIZES FOR YOUR CLUB, INCLUDING A WILDCARD ENTRY INTO THE #FOXFANSLEAGUE FINALS.
REPRESENT YOUR CLUB IN A LIVE TV EVENT, BROADCAST ON FOX SPORTS!
Attention PS4™ NPL Players! To celebrate the PS4 partnership with the National Premier Leagues, PlayStation®4 is giving ONE NPL club the opportunity to secure a wildcard entry into the #FOXFansLeague Finals. Along the way, you can win a share of prizes for your club!
WHAT IS THE #FOXFANSLEAGUE?
#FOXFansLeague is an Australian-first, virtual Hyundai A-League tournament, with the Grand Final being broadcast LIVE on FOX Sports! #FOXFansLeague is powered by PlayStation®4 and EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15.
Find more information at the official #FOXFansLeague page, click here
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
1. Read the terms and conditions below.
2. Support your club via social media! Upload to Twitter, Instagram, or your club’s Facebook page, an original photo or video of your favourite football moments from around the club. It might be you and your teammates, or a great goal, get inspired! Tag it with #PS4NPL and your club’s hashtag (eg #GoStrikers). Players, volunteers and supporters can all get involved.
(Team Photo) We’re helping our club to win a share of cash and prizes and a wildcard entry to the #FOXFansLeague Finals! #PS4NPL #GoStrikers
(Photo at the end of training) Great training session! #PS4NPL #GoStrikers
(Video of the team running out onto the pitch) Ready to win this Saturday’s match! #PS4NPL #GoStrikers
3. The PS4 NPL club in each region with the most hashtag use of #PS4NPL combined with your club’s hashtag between 18 March – 29 March, will win a PS4 prize pack, and be eligible for the next stage of the competition, where a PS4 NPL player could secure a wildcard entry into the #FOXFansLeague, as well as $5,000 for their club!
4. Winning clubs host their own EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15 tournament for PS4 NPL players and select their best gamer. This person will represent their club in the PS4 NPL Wildcard Challenge for #FOXFansLeague: an 8 player tournament using EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15 Ultimate Team.
5. The PS4 NPL Wildcard Challenge will take place in Melbourne on 28 April 2015 and each player will be assigned an Ultimate Team on the day. There’s a $5000 cash prize to be won for your club, and a Wildcard entry straight into the #FOXFansLeague finals!
6. The #FOXFansLeague finals will take place in Melbourne on 29 April 2015, at Federation Square, and be broadcast LIVE on FOX Sports in a one-hour special where the PS4 NPL Wildcard entry will have the opportunity to share their club’s story!
PLAYSTATION AUSTRALIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PS4 NPL WILDCARD/FOX FANS LEAGUE COMPETITION
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms & Conditions ("Terms"). By entering or participating in the "PS4 NPL WILDCARD/FOX FANS LEAGUE COMPETITION” (“Competition”), you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms. Entries must comply with these Terms to be valid.
2. The “Promoter” is Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited (ABN 80 077 585 183) of 63–73 Ann Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. "Entrants" include Eligible Entrants, Winners as well as any other individuals who enter and participate in this Competition.
3. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) depending on the date. All references to dollars or “$” are references to Australian dollars, inclusive of GST.
PART A: ELIGILIBTY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
4. The Competition is open to National Premier League Clubs (“NPL Clubs”) that form part of the following Member Federations:
- Football NSW
- Football Federation of Victoria
- Capital Football
- Football West
- Football Federation of South Australia
- Football Queensland
- Northern New South Wales Football
- Football Federation Tasmania.
5. Within each NPL Club, the Competition is open to persons aged 13 years or over who are residents of Australia except:
a. employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter or the Promoter's associated companies; and
b. any Immediate Family of those individuals (“Eligible Entrants”). "Immediate Family" means spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
6. Before entering or participating in this Competition, each Entrant under the age of 18 must notify his or her parent or legal guardian of these Terms. By allowing the Entrant to enter or participate in this Competition, the parent or guardian guarantees the performance of Entrant under these Terms and agrees to be legally bound by these Terms in the same manner, and to the same extent, as the Entrant.
7. The Competition is open for entries on 18th March 2015 at 12:00 (Midday) AEST ("Opening Date") and closes on 29th March 2015 at 23:59 AEST ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”. Entries must be received by the Promoter before the Closing Date. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not at the time of submitting by the Entrant.
PART B: HOW TO ENTER
8. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must complete the following steps for each Stage of the Competition during the Competition Period:
Stage 1 - PS4 NPL Hashtag Activation
Upload a piece of original content, inspired by your favourite football moments with your club, to your Twitter or Instagram account, or your club’s Facebook page. Club supporters may also contribute by making posts. All posts must be tagged with both #PS4NPL and your NPL Club’s own official hashtag and be made via a public account. Retweets, Reposts and Regrams will be eligible provided they are made via a public account.
The outcome of this part of the Competition will be that the top eight (8) NPL Clubs (one (1) NPL Club from each Member Federation) whose hashtags, in conjunction with #PS4NPL, are recognized by the social media aggregator the most number of times, will be eligible to compete in Stage 2 of the Competition.
Stage 2 - The In-house Selection
Each of the eight (8) clubs which have been selected as a result of Stage 1 will select one (1) NPL Club member (“Player(s)”) to compete in Stage 3 of the Competition on behalf of their NPL Club.
The outcome of this part of the Competition will be that eight (8) NPL Players in total will proceed to Stage 3 of the Competition.
Stage 3 - the PS4 NPL Wildcard Challenge for FOX Fans League
Each of the eight (8) players who have been selected as a result of Stage 2 will compete in the PS4NPL Wildcard Challenge for FOX Fans League organized and hosted by the Promoter and conducted in Melbourne at a location to be determined by the promoter, on April 28, 2015.
The outcome of this part of the Competition will be that one successful (1) Player will be eligible to compete as a Wildcard entry in the FOX Fans League Final.
The winning Player acknowledges that:
a) The FOX Fans League is a separate competition which will be organized and hosted by FOX Sports as the promoter.
b) Their participation in the FOX Fans League Final will be subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions that apply to that competition. Terms and Conditions are available at foxsports.com.au/foxfansleague
OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
9. Entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive, indecent, immoral or hateful content;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour;
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities; and/or
h) any other type of content that is unlawful or illegal, or portrays or encourages unlawful or illegal conduct or activities.
10. Each Entrant hereby grants to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual licence to use entries for the purposes of promoting the Competition and any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied or services provided by the Promoter, and for any other purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control. Each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may grant sub-licences of such rights. In respect of his or her entry, each Entrant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents as the author, to the fullest extent permitted by law (either present or future), to the Promoter, its licensees, contractors, assignees and successors and their licensees, and any other person authorised by any of them:
a. using, disclosing, reproducing, copying, adapting, publishing, performing, exhibiting, communicating or transmitting the entry or any adaptation of it (or any part of the entry or such adaptation) anywhere in the world:
i. in whatever form and in whatever circumstances the Promoter and any of those persons think fit, including distorting, adding to, altering, mutilating or destroying the entry;
ii. without making any identification of the Entrant as the author in relation to the entry; and
b. doing anything or omitting to do anything in relation to the entry or any adaptation of it (or any part of the entry or such adaptation) that would otherwise infringe the moral rights of the Entrant, or any similar non-assignable, personal rights that the Entrant might have.
11. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party rights, including copyright, moral rights (and any other similar, non-assignable rights) and any other form of intellectual property. Each Entrant promises that:
a. his or her entry does not infringe any such third party rights;
b. he or she is entitled to grant the licence and provide the consent in clause 10 above;
c. he or she has not entered into any agreements with third parties that could impair the use of the entry by the Promoter;
d. any individual whose image has been used in the entry has given consent for the use of that image, and has waived any rights that he or she has in the images, videos or other media submitted; and
e. if any individual whose image has been used in the entry is under the age of 18, the Entrant has obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian of that individual for the use of the image.
12. Each Entrant agrees to fully reimburse the Promoter for any costs, loss, damage, liability and expense that the Promoter may incur or sustain caused by, or arising out of, any breach by the Entrant of clauses 10 or 11 above and any claims by any third party arising out of such breach.
13. There will be eight (8) NPL Club winners in Stage 1 of the Competition, eight (8) Player winners in Stage 2 of the Competition, and one (1) Player winner in Stage 3 of the Competition (each a “Winner”). The Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits. The decision of the judge is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
14. Each Winner will be selected by an independent judge, who shall not be permitted to enter the Competition themselves, based upon the originality of the reply.
PART C: THE PRIZE(S)
15. For Stage 1, The Promoter shall notify the Football Federation Australia (FFA) of each winning NPL Club within three (3) days of the Closing Date. For Stage 2, the winner will be determined at the NPL Club’s discretion. For Stage 3, the winner will be determined on the day of the PS4 NPL Wildcard Challenge for FOX Fans League event in Melbourne.
16. Winners of each Stage of the Competition will win the following prizes (“Winner Prizes”):
Stage 1 Prize for each of the eight (8) NPL Clubs who win the Hashtag Activation:
a) Participation in the Stage 2 of the Competition; and
b) One (1) PS4 Pack for each winning NPL club.
The PS4 Pack will include:
- 1 x 500GB PlayStation 4 console
- 1 x additional Dualshock®4 controller, and
- 1 x EA SPORTS™FIFA 15 PS4 game disc.
with a total RRP value of $729.85.
Stage 2 Prize for each of the eight (8) Players who are selected as a result of the In-House Selection:
a) Participation in Stage 3 of the Competition;
b) Return economy flights from closest metro airport to Melbourne for each Player and one (1) companion / parent or guardian, including airport transfers to and from the hotel; and
c) Two (2) nights’ hotel accommodation for each Player and one (1) companion / parent or guardian (one room, twin share) to be organized by the Promoter at their discretion. (Valued up to $8,880 in total).
Stage 3 Prize for the Player who wins the PS4 NPL Wildcard Challenge for FOX Fans League:
a) Participation in the FOX Fans League Final as a Wildcard entry; and
b) A $5,000 cash prize for their NPL club.
17. In these terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize.
PART D: GENERAL
18. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. Prizes are not divisible, transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. No Prizes can be resold (at a premium or otherwise), advertised or offered for resale on the Internet or any other medium. Stated Prize values are correct at the time of printing. There will be no cash alternatives; however, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any entries that are lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal, network, computer hardware, software or technical failure or malfunction of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
20. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of this Competition, or prevent the awarding of a Prize in accordance with these Terms. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
22. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Competition, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an Entrant; (f) participation in the Competition or any component of a Prize by an Entrant; (g) the conduct, act or omission of Twitter; or (h) cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied or services provided by the Promoter. Each Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
24. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify an Entrant, refuse to process his or her entry or refuse to award him or her a Prize if it has any reason to believe that the Entrant has breached any of these Terms, provided any incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information, tampered or interfered with the entry or judging process in any way or used multiple accounts to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from any Entrant relevant to entry into or participation in the Competition.
25. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
26. The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, any website or telephone number associated with this Competition. Any costs associated with accessing the Internet, downloading data on a mobile device or using any device for the purpose of entering or participating in this Competition are the sole responsibility of the Entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
28. Entrants must not create multiple Twitter accounts or post duplicate or near-duplicate tweets for the purpose of participating in this Competition. Such conduct may breach the Twitter Rules (available at https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules#). An Entrant who does so may have his or her Twitter account suspended or be subject to other disciplinary action by Twitter. Entrants must comply with the Twitter Rules and any similar rules, guidelines or policies published by Twitter from time to time.
29. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each Entrant is providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information each Entrant provides will only be used to administer the Competition. Each Entrant agrees, to the extent permitted by applicable law, that Facebook shall not have any liability in relation to the Competition.
30. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Each Entrant agrees, to the extent permitted by applicable law, that Instagram shall not have any liability in relation to the Competition.
31. These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales. In relation to these Terms and related non-contractual matters, the Promoter and each Entrant party irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts with jurisdiction there.